This policy describes the types of information Culpepper and Associates, Inc. ("Company" or "We") may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit culpepper.com (our "website")
and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on our website, including forms and surveys that you voluntarily complete and automated technologies such as cookies and web beacons.
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our websites.
It does not apply to information collected:
Consent to Use Your Information
- by us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Culpepper or any third party; or
- by any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or from our website.
We encourage to read this policy to understand our practices regarding your information and how we treat it.
If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our website.
You may also be asked from time to time to consent to certain specified uses of your information.
When you are asked to consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by notifying us at
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our website, including:
- by which you may be personally identified or identifiable, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, job title, employer, geographic location, IP address, and other online identifiers ("personal information");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your communication preferences, referring websites, pages you visit on our website, and content requested or downloaded from our website; and/or
- about your internet connection, the devices and equipment you use to access our website and usage details.
We collect this information:
Information You Provide to Us
- directly from you when you provide it to us, such as when you send us an email or complete an online form, survey, or order.
- automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and other information collected through website server logs, cookies, and web beacons.
- from third parties, for example, our business partners and corporate clients (which may include your employer).
The information we collect on or through our website may include:
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- information that you provide by completing forms on our website. This includes information provided at the time of joining our email list, sending us a message, requesting information about our services, and subscribing to one of our services.
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- your responses to surveys that you complete.
- details of transactions you carry out through our website and the fulfillment of your orders on our website, including financial information.
- compensation information provided by you or your employer (“Survey Data”) for use in connection with our compensation survey platform, website, data, reports, materials, online tools, and related services (“Culpepper Surveys”).
As you navigate through and interact with our website, we may use automatic data collection technologies
to save certain information about your device, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to our website, including traffic data, geographic location, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on our website.
- information about your device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser.
The data we collect automatically may include your personal information.
This makes it possible for us to save your website preferences, recognize you when you return, and save information you provide in online forms and surveys.
This enables us to provide you a more customized experience based on your individual needs, interests, and interactions on our website.
We also use this information to understand how you use our website, which guides our decisions to improve our website content, functionality, and related services.
The technologies we use for automatic data collection include:
We do not track, collect, or share information about your online activities across or with third-party websites.
How We Use Your Information
A cookie (a.k.a., browser cookie, internet cookie, web cookie) is a small text file stored on your device when you visit our website.
We use the following types of cookies on our websites:
Option to Block Cookies.
- Session cookies on Culpepper websites are used to maintain relevant information about your individual visits and transactions on our website. Typically, session cookies expire when you close your browser or turn off your device.
- Persistent cookies on Culpepper websites are used to recognize you when you return to our website, save your basic user information and preferences, save information you provide on forms and surveys, and provide you customized content and functionality.
- Google Analytics cookies are used to collect information about how visitors find and use our website.
- Qualtrics Survey cookies are used for Culpepper Surveys (e.g., Salary Budget Survey) that are hosted by our partner Qualtrics. These cookies maintain and keep track of survey sessions so that they are not repeated.
You have the option to block cookies used by our websites by adjusting the settings in your browser.
However, please note that if you choose to block cookies used by our websites,
Web beacons are small images, typically not visible by users, that are embedded in web pages and HTML-formatted email messages.
Web beacons enable us to analyze user actions from our website and emails.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to present our website and its contents to you.
- to provide you with information about surveys, products, research, and services that you request from us.
- to provide you with notices about your participation in our surveys, including participation solicitations, reminders, and survey results.
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our website.
- to provide you and your organization customized content and features of our online surveys and software tools.
- to provide you with notices about your account, survey subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- to notify you about changes to our website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- for any other purpose with your consent. If you are asked to consent to use of your information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may also use your information to contact you about surveys, products, research, and services that may be of interest to you.
If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please notify us at
Disclosure of Your Information - Not for Sale and Not Shared with Third-Parties
all personal information collected is for our exclusive use and is not sold, rented, shared, or otherwise provided to third parties.
Culpepper Survey Data is only published in anonymized, aggregate form.
We hold individual company and employee-level survey data in strict confidence.
Security and data sufficiency controls ensure that we do not disclose your company's compensation practices
or personally identifiable information (PII) of your employees.
Customized report outputs and online tools that display your company's data, you-to-market comparisons,
and data for individual employees are restricted to licensed users authorized by your company.
We do not sell, exchange, or disclose company-identifiable or employee-identifiable survey data to third parties.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- with your consent.
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our website users is among the assets transferred.
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- to enforce or apply agreements with us, including for billing and collection purposes.
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us.
We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Accessing, Correcting, and Other Rights Related to Your Information.
- Cookies. You can configure your browser to block all or some of the cookies used on our website, or to alert you when cookies are being used.
If you block cookies on our website, please note that some parts of this site may be inaccessible or not function properly.
- Promotional Offers and Survey Solicitations from Culpepper.
If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Culpepper to promote our products and services or solicit your participation in our surveys,
you can opt-out or customize your preferences
by sending an email to
- Retention of Information. We retain the personal information you provide for as long as your account exists or as required to provide you the website and any surveys,
products, or services. We retain survey data as required to provide Culpepper Surveys and other products or services.
You can contact us
to request access to, update any personal information that you have provided to us,
and to request confirmation of whether we process your personal information.
While we do not disclose information to third parties for marketing purposes, California residents may request certain information regarding such disclosures
in accordance with California Civil Code Section § 1798.83.
You also have the right to request that we erase your personal information, provide you with a copy of your personal information,
to object to our processing of your personal information, and that we restrict or stop processing your personal information.
The rights described in this paragraph are not absolute.
Upon receipt of your request to take any of these actions, we will respond and take appropriate action based on the applicable circumstances.
You should be aware that if your personal information is deleted, your user account will also be deleted.
Also, deleting or altering the processing of your personal information will impact your user experience on the website.
We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
To exercise any of the above rights, you may send your request to us by email to email@example.com
We will attempt to respond to your request within one business day.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
All information you provide to us is encrypted and stored on secure servers (located in the United States) behind firewalls.
Additionally, we have implemented reasonable internal physical, technical, administrative, operational security standards to protect your personal information.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a username and password for access to certain parts of our website,
you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your username or password with anyone.
Culpepper Survey Data is encrypted both in transit (via secure HTTPS connections) and at rest (i.e., Culpepper databases, servers, and backups).
Survey participants using our data submission templates are required to password-protect files and upload via our secure password-protected portal.
Users Located Outside of the United States
Culpepper and Associates, Inc. is located and headquartered in the United States (U.S.).
Our website is hosted in the U.S., and our services and products are provided in and from the U.S.
If you are visiting or providing information from a country outside of the U.S.,
the laws governing data protection, collection, or use where you are located may differ from U.S. laws.
Although this policy is designed to provide a consistent level of protection for personal information
and to ensure compliance with applicable data protection laws globally,
European Union General Data Protection Regulation
you are transferring your data (including personal information) to the U.S.,
which may have different data protection laws than the country where you are located.
By providing us your data (including personal information) through your use of our website, you consent to:
Links to Third-Party Websites
- the use of your personal information as described in this policy;
- the transfer of your personal information to and the access, use, storage, and other processing of your personal information in, the U.S.; and
- exclusive jurisdiction for the resolution of any issues related to your data (including personal information) issues in the state or federal courts located in Fulton County, Georgia, United States of America.
Our website may contain links to other third-party sites, which are outside of our control and not covered by this Policy.
Culpepper is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those sites. If you have questions about the privacy practices
of non-Culpepper websites, you should contact those sites directly.
Website for Business Use - Not Intended for Children
Our website is designed for business use by executives, HR professionals, finance professionals, and other management.
It is not intended for consumers or children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to the website.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18.
If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this website or on or through any of its features.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18, we will delete that information.
If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at
This policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of this website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes
If we make material changes to how we treat our users' personal information,
we will notify you by email to the primary email address specified in your account and/or through a notice on our website.
You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you,
or if you would like to exercise any of your rights or make a company about a breach of this policy, contact us at:
Culpepper and Associates, Inc.
3780 Mansell Road, Suite T-40
Alpharetta, GA 30022 United States
+ 1 770-641-5400
You also have the right to contact your local government or supervisory authority.